The numbers are in and they are impressive!
- 175 families served
- 6,000 pounds of paper were shredded
- One completely full U-Haul truck with Assistance League donations
- 4 huge bins of e-waste were saved from the landfill
- $450 in cash donations and over 100 lbs of canned and dried goods donated to the Community Food Pantry
- An infinite number of smiles
As our clients and the community have come to know, the Sackin-Stone Team strives to have a Different & Better outcome for everything that we touch, including client events such as this one.
It was great to hear the feedback as we continue to evolve this event into the community’s most organized, fun, easy experience for all.
We could not even imagine completing this event without thanking our myriad volunteers from the Huntington Beach Community United Methodist Church. @cumchb
This group shows up every year, ready to do everything from load clothing into the van, to strapping down big-screen TVs on pallets, to unloading bags and boxes of shredding from car trunks. We are truly amazed by the camaraderie and the fun that everyone seems to have while they are serving the folks that come through.
And of course, a huge shout out to the administrative and pastoral staff for allowing us to use the facility and parking lot.
It is extremely gratifying that our clients come from throughout Orange County to unburden themselves as well as just stop by say hello and visit for a while. We love all of our clients and this is surely a nice time when we can catch up with many of them in a short span of time.
Please mark your calendars now for next year as we will be back to our early bird scheduling status. This will guarantee that you have plenty of time to plan. And next year will be our 10th anniversary of this event! In true Sackin-Stone fashion, we’re going to make it a party with some fun giveaways and other surprises!
Who knew cleaning out your house could be so fun!
Save the Date:
JOIN THE FACEBOOK PAGE TO STAY UP-TO-DATE
Who: Friends & Clients only from 9:00 – 11:00 am | Public from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
What: Paper for shredding, e-waste, nonperishable food, and gently used (small) household items and clothes for donation
When: Saturday, April 30th from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Where: Community United Methodist Church (6652 Heil Avenue Huntington Beach, CA)
We’re back for our 9th Annual Green & Clean Shred Event!
As our clients have come to know, everything we do is intended to produce a Different & Better outcome. This event is no exception. While there are many opportunities for folks to shred their unwanted documents this time of year, our event allows participants to give back to the local community as well.
We can’t believe this is our 9th year holding this event. Swing by to recycle your paper, e-waste, donate food, clothing, and small household items. Get a jump start on your spring cleaning!
As we count down to less than a month to go to our Green & Clean Shredding and more event, we want to let you know we’re super excited this year to provide you with this great opportunity once again!
Back again this year are the highly efficient and nice guys at Orange County Shredding. Their large-capacity truck will be on-site and ready for you. If you wish, our team and friendly staff of volunteers are prepared to create a contact-free service for you.
We will take care of the unloading, and depositing of your materials in the shredding bin, and then return your bags or boxes to your vehicle. You can stay around to watch your documents being shredded or get on with your day!
Please note these few tips that will help speed the process and keep things running like clockwork:
- Paper only please: remove papers from metal-lined folders and remove any large binder clips. Staples are ok!
- Have your documents organized in bags or boxes in the back seat and/or trunk of your car.
- If you would like to stay to watch your documents being shredded we will guide you to pull out of the queue and park.
- The truck usually departs at 1:00 pm sharp. Please arrive no later than 12:45.
CUMC Food Pantry
Since our event is held in the parking lot of the Community United Methodist Church on Heil Avenue in Huntington Beach, it was natural for us to partner with the Community Food Pantry which distributes food to families in our community. Each year they tell us what foods are most needed and these range from peanut butter and macaroni and cheese to canned fruits and vegetables. The outpouring of support has been amazing. Many people will not just clean out their pantries, but go to a big box store and buy a case of something to donate. The generosity of the local community really shines on this day!
Donations – Assistance League of Huntington Beach
We are excited to welcome back this most revered charity in our city. They will be accepting gently used clothing, toys, and small household items. These get refreshed and repurposed, and then receive a second life! (Sorry, no furniture!)
If it’s got a plug, it qualifies! From coffee pots to computers, and tiny TVs to big screens, this is the place where you can get rid of those obsolete machines. We are ready to take them off your hands and out of your home.
- Will I actually get to see my documents being shredded?
- Absolutely! The shredding truck is on-site!
- What qualifies for shredding?
- For the most part, anything made of paper. It’s okay if there are paper clips or staples still attached. But please remove documents from folders with metal clips.
- Is there a limit to the amount that I can bring?
- Yes. In order to give all of our clients an opportunity to shred, the maximum will be five boxes per person.
- How do you define E-waste?
- This one’s pretty easy. Anything with a plug and circuitry qualifies, ( except large appliances like washers, dryers, and refrigerators). Think toasters, computers, TVs.
- If I need help unloading, is that available?
- Absolutely. This is a full-service event!
- In fact, you don’t even have to get out of your car if you don’t want to.
- What qualifies as a household donation?
- The best answer here is if you feel it could have a second life and is not broken, ripped, or torn it qualifies. Think gently used clothing, toys, and household items. We’re sorry we cannot accept furniture!
- Who benefits from the donations?
- There will be a truck on site which will be loaded up with donations. We will personally deliver these to the Assistance League of Huntington Beach directly following the event.
- Tell me more about the food pantry?
- The Community UnitedMethodist Church food pantry is an all-volunteer organization. They have regular hours where they distribute food to deserving individuals and families.
- What is most in need at the food pantry?
- This year’s most needed items are peanut butter, canned meats, and cereal. Always welcome are boxed foods like macaroni and cheese and canned fruits and vegetables.
- Will the food pantry cash donation?
- Absolutely! The dedicated volunteers will always welcome cash to purchase items that are running low and most needed.
We cant wait to see you at the Green & Clean Shred Event!